Activities:
* Bellringer
* Discuss problem solving #3
* Timed writing, journal #2:
Reflect on the following quote:
"I had watched the whole scene without moving. I kept quiet. In fact I was thinking of how to get farther away so that I would not be hit myself. What is more, any anger I felt at that moment was directed, not against the Kapo, but against my father. I was angry at him, for not knowing how to avoid Idek's outbreak. That is what concentration camp life had made of me" (Wiesel).
Paragraph 1: Write about a time when you have misplaced your anger. Who were you really mad at? What would you do differently if you could go back to that situation?
Paragraph 2: Compare yourself to Elie.
Announcements:
* Discuss questions or concerns about reflection paper, due Thursday, 10-9
* Please turn in any missing butterflies, 30% off late penalty
* No school on Friday, 10-10
Objectives:
* Explore the themes of fear, subjugation, anger, and tragedy
* Read a memoir
* Write a response to literature







0 comments:
Post a Comment