posts comments

contact...

I always try to be available for students and parents when they have questions or concerns. I check my school mailbox and email several times a day.

by phone:
If telephone contact is the best mode of communication for you, leave a message with the office at 477-1661.

Please be sure to give [1] your name (first and last), [2] the best number to reach you, [3] if its a business or personal number (home or cell), and [4] the best time to return your call. I understand that if you're calling during the day, you're most likely calling from work OR on your day off, when you have many other items on your to-do list. I'll do my best to return your call that day or immediately the next morning. I usually do not make phone calls after 5:00pm or before 7:00am. I do not make phone calls on weekends.

by email:
If email contact is the best mode of communication for you, you can contact me at missy.feller@evsc.k12.in.us

I leave my email logged in throughout the day, so I get immediate notification when a message comes through. Know that I encourage my students to contact me via email for questions or turning in assignments. I also establish a mailing list in the event of major announcements, school closings and calendar adjustments, and updates to the class blog. If you (student or parent) would like to be added to this mailing list, please let me know.

email etiquette:
I don't like getting spam email any more than others -- so if you have a unique / interesting email address, (students): please include your name or (parents): please include your child's name in the subject line.

If turning in an assignment, please include the file as an attachment and do NOT copy and paste the information into the body of the email. Click here if you don't know what this means. If this is a formal document, most likely there will be font, size, and spacing requirements, and pasting into the body of an email will make your assignment NOT fit the requirements anymore.

Occasionally, I'll extend deadlines for people who have completed an assignment, but otherwise were not able to bring it to school. If you plan to email me your assignment, these deadlines usually end at 5:00pm on that day, without suffering a late penalty. If, for instance, the due date is Friday, I'll extend the deadline until 5:00pm on Friday, without applying a late penalty. Otherwise, assignments received after 5:00pm on Friday will incur a late penalty. Know that each assignment has unique requirements and some assignments may not be accepted late. Consult your project assignment sheet, if unsure.

rss feed:
I post our daily agenda on this weblog daily. You will also find links to class notes, projects, assignments, and alignment with the State Academic Standards. To subscribe to this weblog, click here. To learn more about Google Reader and how it may benefit you and help you manage your feeds/subscriptions, click here for a tour.

0 comments: